A proven method for better teaching, better learning, and better test scores!
Download first chapter before you buy: Click here
Explicit Direct Instruction® (EDI), an approach based on the premise that all children can learn, helps teachers deliver effective lessons that can significantly improve achievement for all learners, including English language learners and students with special needs.
In this teacher-friendly book, the authors combine educational theory, brain research, and data analysis to present a step-by-step guide for implementing the EDI method in diverse classrooms. Written in an entertaining, easy-to-read style, this resource provides elementary and secondary teachers with concrete strategies, detailed sample lessons, and scenarios that illustrate what EDI techniques look like in the classroom. Components of EDI include:
- Checking for understanding
- Setting lesson objectives
- Activating prior knowledge
- Developing students’ skills by explaining, modeling, and demonstrating
- Presenting content
- Using guided practice
Ideal for all content areas and grade levels, Explicit Direct Instruction (EDI) shows teachers how to use this highly effective approach to improve instruction and achievement for every student.
- Step-by-step implementation of the highly successful Explicit Direct Instruction (EDI) teaching method from DataWORKS
- EDI is data-driven, field-tested, and supported by DataWORKS training events and workshops
- Written in an entertaining, teacher friendly, easy to read style with classroom examples and samples of complete lessons at the elementary and secondary level
- Individual chapters cover checking for understanding, lesson objectives, activating prior knowledge, concept and skills development, guided practice, and much more
Appropriate for ALL learners in inclusive and diverse classrooms